Sunday, January 11, 2015

2014 in Review

Just a quick summation of what I read in 2014:

Total: 65 books
Books written by women: 50
Books written by men: 15
Romance novels: 15
Women authors (not including romance novels): 35
Fiction: 53
Non-fiction: 11
Poetry: 1

So, I read five books fewer than last year, but I'm happy as long as I get 52. The books that I read by male authors have been really good, but I'm glad I'm able to read so many books by women. It's something I consciously decided to do when I realized I was unintentionally giving male authors more importance.

Favorite Fiction:
Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
Longbourn by Jo Baker
The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie
Outlander by Diana Gabaldon (I have my issues with it, but it's certainly memorable)

Favorite Non-fiction:
Green Illusions by Ozzie Zehner
Going Clear by Lawrence Wright

No comments: