Thursday, December 31, 2020

2020 in Review

I like to take a quick look back at the books I've read over the year to see what I've read and which are my favorites. I also like to see what direction I'm trending in terms of how many fiction and non-fiction books I'm reading as well as how many books by men and women. I started this when I realized I was being sexist with my reading--reading significantly more books by men than women (even though I am a woman) because I unconsciously placed more importance on books by men. I have since rectified that problem.

Total Books: 52

Fiction: 29
Non-fiction: 21
Poetry: 2


Women Authors: 35
Male Authors: 17

Romance Novels: 10

Favorite Fiction:
1. Don't You Forget About Me by Mhairi McFarlane
2. The Great Believers by Rebecca Makkai
3. Girls Burn Brighter by Shobha Rao

Favorite Non-Fiction:
1. Bad Blood by John Carreyrou
2. She Said by Jodi Kantor and Megan Twohey
3. Three Women by Lisa Taddeo

Least Favorite:
The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides

No comments: