Wednesday, January 1, 2020

A look back at 2019

I like to compile the numbers of the books I read every year, and take a look to see which ones might be my favorite. This year was different because there were a ton of non-fiction books that I loved, but I had a hard time finding fiction books that really stood out. This was the case even though the vast majority of books I read are fiction.

Total Books: 56
Fiction: 42
Non-Fiction: 14

Women Authors: 45
Male Authors: 11

Romance Novels: 12

Favorite Fiction:
Bel Canto by Ann Patchett
An American Marriage by Tayari Jones
The Testaments by Margaret Atwood (even though I had some problems with the end of the novel)

Favorite Non-Fiction:
Catch and Kill by Ronan Farrow
Evicted by Matthew Desmond
The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls

Non-Fiction runner's up:
Becoming by Michelle Obama
Educated by Tara Westover
Killers of the Flower Moon by David Grann

Least favorite:
Uprooted by Naomi Novik

No comments: